What is Safeguarding?
Safeguarding is to protect vulnerable adults or children from abuse or neglect.
What is Prevent?
Prevent is a key strand in the government counter-terrorism strategy. It aims to stop people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure they are given appropriate advice and support.
Who to contact?
If you are at risk of being harmed or abused or are concerned that someone you know is at risk of or becoming
radicalised and/or is involved in terrorism please contact:
Office hours - Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Contact your manager, member of staff or a tutor.
- Designated Safeguarding officer: Saira Minhas, Skills and Employment Manager, call 0777 606 4937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safeguarding adults: 01753 690444
- Safeguarding children and young people: 01753 875362
- Prevent coordinator: 07540 147340
Out of office hours
- Adult & child safeguarding referral: 01344 786543
- Prevent Engagement Team (Thames Valley Police): 01753 506 291 / 506059
- Prevent National Security Hotline: 0800 789 321
- Emergency - urgent police or medical attention call: 999
You can choose to remain anonymous or include your contact details. All the information is treated confidentially. We will record, report to relevant parties and track your concerns to ensure you are safe.
What we will do
- Listen and take seriously what the person has to say.
- Gather information.
- Make sure the person is safe.
- Get immediate medical treatment if there is an injury.
- Involve the police if a crime is suspected.
- Involve other professionals to investigate and protect the person from further abuse.
For more details, please contact the designated safeguarding officer on 0777 606 4937 or email: email@example.com.