Slough moves into covid tier 2

The change will come into force at 00:01 Saturday 24 October. Find out more details about Slough going into tier 2 and what it means.

Please go to our coronavirus pages for the latest guidance, how services are affected, and what help is available.

Listed buildings consent

If your house is a listed building you will need to apply for Listed Building Consent as well as gaining standard Planning Permission

An application for listed building consent is necessary if you propose to alter, extend or demolish the whole or part of a listed building in a manner that would affect its character as a building of special architectural or historic interest.

This can include work to the interior as well as the exterior, work to objects or structures fixed to the building and work to detached objects or structures such as outbuildings, walls and gates within its boundary if they have formed part of the land prior to 1st July 1948. Some works, such as routine repair and maintenance, may not require consent.

It is a criminal offence to carry out works to listed buildings without consent.

Is my property listed?

The Local Plan for Slough contains a list of Listed Buildings in Slough in Appendix 5, although two more monuments were added to this list in 2010.

Apply for consent

Applications for listed building consent can be completed online via the planning portal.

If you have any doubt about what permission you need, please contact us for advice before starting work:

 Don't forget - if you need help with your application we offer a pre-application service.

Contact us

Contact Planning form

01753 477340

Planning Department
Slough Borough Council
Observatory House
25 Windsor Road
Find on map