Wuhan novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
There have been no cases of coronavirus in Slough at the present time, however, we are planning for any eventuality and working across council teams to ensure that, should the worst happen, we are ready.
Nationally, Public Health England are leading on the health response. They are updating their website daily with the latest information, please go to Wuhan coronavirus information for the public.
In the mean time we would like to stress the importance of usual winter illness prevention:
- wash your hands often - with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. This is particularly important after taking public transport
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who are sick
- if you feel unwell, stay at home, do not attend work or school
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment
- if you are worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
The NHS website has more information about how you can reduce the possible spread of infection.